Today – Dec 7, 2016 – the source code tree of Kamailio project was restructured into a slim and clean root folder. This was done in order to better handle various components and make it easier to get into the source. You can browse it online at:
Here is a summary with the new locations:
- src/main.c – the main c file of kamailio application
- src/core/ – contains the source code for the core, including the subfolders for sip parser, memory manager and other core components
- src/lib/ – contains the internal libraries
- src/modules/ – contains the modules
- utils/ – contains the tools used to operate kamailio such as kamctl and kamcmd
- etc/ – configuration files
- doc/ – resources for building documentations and core tutorials
- pkg/ – packaging specs
- misc/ – contains related resources, such as config examples, additional tools and scripts, vim syntax highlighting files, …
- test/ – components related to testing
The Makefiles for building the application are in src/, with a new root folder Makefile that does target forwarding to src/. You should be able to use the same make commands inside root folder as well as inside src/.
The kamailio binary is built in src/ directory.
For example, next are the commands to build and run kamailio from source code tree, with debug mode logging to terminal:
git clone https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio
./src/kamailio -f etc/kamailio.cfg -L src/modules/ -E -e -ddd
While some small adjustments may still be done, we hope that the new structure is going to make the long term management and development of the project smoother.
Thank you for flying Kamailio!
Post a Comment