Then 2009 represents the year of completing Kamailio (OpenSER) and SIP Express Router (SER) integration under http://sip-router.org project, resulting in version 3.0.0 as first release based on this work.
As usually, the categories got two winners, listed in alphabetic order.
- Elio Rojano – Spanish blog focused on Asterisk and VoIP world, reflecting the important news about Kamailio (OpenSER) project. Web link: http://www.sinologic.net/blog/
- Jesus Rodriguez – again, very good covering of Kamailio (OpenSER) and SIP Router evolution in the Spanish community, with additional thanks for sponsoring the kamailio.org server. Web link: http://www.jerocu.net/wordpress/
- SERCMD - command line interface for Kamailio (OpenSER) allowing to interact in real time via RPC commands with runing SIP server instances, developed by Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul. It is included in the source code and distributed with Kamailio (OpenSER) 3.0.0. Web link: http://sip-router.org
- SIREMIS – web management interface for Kamailio (OpenSER), project lead by Elena-Ramona Modroiu, offering web tools to manage data needed by most of existing modules and interact with running SIP server instances. Web link: http://siremis.asipto.com
- Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul - the one that started SIP Express Router (SER) project offered limitless support during integration period of SIP Router project
- Jan Janak - one of the main developers of SIP Express Router (SER) project, as well offering limitless support during integration period of SIP Router project
- memcached - connector to Memcache daemon, allowing interaction from configuration file to get/set items to the distributed caching system. Web link: http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/3.0.x/modules_k/memcached.html
- topoh - topology hiding, helping to protect the details about infrastructure, transparent to configuration file, without the complexity of back-to-back user agent or dialog state aware SIP server. Web link: http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/3.0.x/modules/topoh.html
- Marius Zbihlei - for the work on optimizing the performance for different components
- Miklos Tirpak - for the work on asynchronous SIP message processing
- Alex Balashov - endless efforts on mailing lists, web forums and presence in USA to promote the project, offering consultancy services at Evariste Systems
- Inaki Baz Castillo - developed a set of additional tools for usage with Kamailio (OpenSER), published at http://dev.sipdoc.net. He dedicated time to talk about the project at Spanish events, help with mailing list and sort out leaks in SIP presence specifications.
- 1&1 - again present here since 2009 represented the merging of Freenet service into 1&1, resulting in over 4 000 000 phones managed by a Kamailio (OpenSER) based VoIP platform, routing over 2 billions of minutes per month. Web link: http://www.1und1.de
- sipgate - service revamped, with new site and many attractive features, among the biggest VoIP services world wide, with presence in Germany, UK and Austria. Web link: http://www.sipgate.de
- Avanzada7 - organizing the Asterisk SIP Masterclass for Iberian market, training that includes a big chunk of scaling Asterisk using Kamailio SIP server, Avanzada7 offers a large range of services and products for VoIP businesses. Web link: http://www.avanzada7.com
- Quobis - employing a qualified team with broad expertise of SIP and Kamailio, company's main focus is building solutions using telecom emerging technologies like ITS, Smartgrids, Mobile WiMAX or open source VOIP. Web link: http://www.quobis.com/
- Amoocon - event organized on Rostock, Germany, succeeded to gather many VoIP projects. Web link: http://www.amoocon.org
- Fosdem - European biggest Free and Open Source Software developers meeting, in Brussels, Belgium (pictures). Web link: http://www.fosdem.org
- Kamailio SIP Router Masterclass - professional training for VoIP platform administrators. Attracted an amazing group of Telecom specialists to spend one week and learn the advanced capabilities of Kamailio for building scalable VoIP platforms. Web link: http://www.asipto.com/index.php/sip-router-masterclass/
- Telco grade SIP load balancer - a new appliance (official launch soon) designed to handle huge traffic, in a transparent manner for SIP end points and SIP application servers, taking care of high availability and traffic dispatching. Web link: http://www.asipto.com/index.php/sip-solutions/
This is it for 2009. If you want to check the previous turn of awards:
Post a Comment