2007 was a year full of achievements and events for Kamailio (OpenSER). We had a major release in summer (1.1.0), and a continuous increase in features set and robustness. What was new in 1.1.0 was summarized in release news:
Since then we went though many milestones. We had the first Kamailio (OpenSER) summit where we were able to meet many folks from the lists, have nice chats and present interesting VoIP solutions based on OpenSER.
A very important statistic is the number of new modules and features introduced in current development version after 1.1.0:
- domainpolicy - policies to connect federations
- imc - instant messaging conferencing
- mi_fifo and mi_xmlrpc - FIFO and XMLRPC transports for the new management interface (MI)
- perl - embed perl programming in configuration file
- presence - SIMPLE Presence Server implementation
- pua, pua_mi, pua_usrloc - presence user agent client implementations for user location records and management interface
- seas - connector to SIP Application Server - WeSIP - Java SIP Servlet Application Server (http://www.wesip.eu)
- snmpstats - SNMP (Simple Network Management Interface) interface to OpenSER statistics
- sst - SIP session timer support
- xmpp - transparent SIP-XMPP gateway
Documentation and news about all these:
A lot of other significant improvements and addons were included in existing code (management interface, fetch database support, postgres, usrloc, dialog, enum, acc modules polishing), openser web administrator was developed. There is not very long time to the next release, along with few pending new features, the next period will be allocated to core components like timers, dns and configuration file flexibility. By end of January we should approach a new testing phase.
This year the OpenSER community collaboration exploded, dokuwiki has lot of content, many tutorials were submitted, new developers and many modules sponsored by companies, mailing lists and web forum are places to get reliable information about Kamailio (OpenSER)...
We want to thank to all of you (developers, contributors with patches, tools and documentation, testers and Kamailio (OpenSER) users) for supporting the project. 2006 was a very good year for Kamailio (OpenSER) and 2007 looks very challenging.
Kamailio Advanced Training
March 25-27, 2019, in Washington DC, USA
Click here for more details!
Learn how to build RTC services with Kamailio!
Sunday, January 21, 2007
Kamailio (OpenSER) - Summary of 2007
Posted by Daniel-Constantin Mierla at 10:03 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment